Sign up for my newsletter...

Sign up for my newsletter here...

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Monday, June 13, 2011

Unemployed

Well, here we are, both of us - my husband,Darrin, and I, unemployed. Darrin was laid off from his job in February earlier this year and I just got laid off from my job on May 27. It's gonna be challenging, but I think we will be ok. I already have 2 prospects lined up, but unfortunately they are both contingent on a government contract and I just recently discovered that we will not hear about one of them until November!! The other one... any day now. I just hope we can pay all our bills from our unemployment checks. I do have another interview lined up for today. Hopefully this one will go well.

One positive thing I see about this is that I will have more time to spend on my jewelry business. I have accumulated lots of beads and supplies over the past several months. I have just needed more time to be able to design and create more items to sell and list in my Etsy store. I also plan to get caught up on my Facebook page and this blog! I will still spend as much time as I can looking for another engineering job, especially since that's the job that pays the bills, for now!!

Anyway, be on the lookout for several more jewelry items that I will be posting in the coming weeks!!

Thanks for stopping by!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment